Friday, April 9, 2010
SOTW Winner Arts Of Amy
I would love for you all to meet Arts of amy :
1.Where do you get your inspiration from?
Imagination and Nonsense!
I adore Fairytales and imagination echo’s in most things I create!
Alice in Wonderland is my all time Favorite story; I love the curious characters and share madness of the whole thing!
2. What is your shop(S) name:
3. Do you only sell on etsy or do you go to craft shows as well?
I would love to get into craft shows but at the moment I’m concentrating on promoting my Etsy store and trying to get that up and running, it seems like a full time job at the moment!!!
4. Is there an item you have made that has significant meaning to you and why?
All my items are formed from my Original Artwork which is created with Love and Whimsy so in a way they are all significant to me.
5. How do you feel about buying and selling handmade items?
I love it! Handmade items tend to have more originality and they are more likely to be made from the heart!
6. What is your favorite material to work with?
I am a Painter first and foremost, I work mainly with Acrylics but I love to work with mixed media every now and then, it’s a fun change!
7. How long have you been in your craft?
I am quite new to crafting! I started creating bits and pieces using my artwork last year as gifts and such and quite enjoyed it so thought I would branch out and give Etsy ago after seeing all the wonderful items others had created!
8. Do you have a “day job” and if you do… what is it?
I am currently studying full time for a Diploma in Arts and Creativity. I paint and create when ever I get the time and have had, and currently have, many pieces in exhibitions all across the country.
I hope to one day make Art/Painting my career.
9. Did you ever feel like giving up before you got to where you are today?
Always. It’s a VERY hard market to be in and I often have doubts in myself but I have a wonderfully supportive partner who always reminds me how far I have come and gives me motivation when I need it the most.
Art is what I love and I think there is nothing better than doing what you love to do, I’m just lucky enough to have a partner who keeps me going!
10. Do you feel accomplished when you finish creating?
Always… when it turns out right!
11. Do you use your own products for things?
All my paper goods are hand-made, each piece is my own design and features my Original Artworks!
12. Do you have any sales coming up?
Become a Blog Follower and receive FREE SHIPPING on ANY item in my store throughout April! Just go to www.artofamy.blogspot.com.
Thanks for taking the time to read about me!