I would love for you all to meet ZoeyCatherine. she is our very first shop of the week!
What is shop of the week you ask?
Shop of the week is a handpicked shop that has caught my eye in some way shape or form! Each shop of the week gets a post dedicated to them as well as their own link to their shop as well as a little extras here and there!....
So lets get on with my very first shop of the week:
Meet Zoey Catherine ------------------->
This is her and her 3 gorgeous children! Zoey was chosen for her eye catching feather accessories that this blogger cannot seem to get enough of!
You can find her in these places:
Want to know a little about zoey? .... your wish... is my command * Poof*
1.Where do you get your inspiration from? I collect inspiration from all of the wonderful things that are around me every day. The way the sun comes through the clouds inspires me, the way my sons’ laugh, a beautiful flower…I can draw inspiration from just about anywhere.
2. What is your age and status: I am 24, but I am about to be the big 2-5 on the 15th of March!! I am also a SINGLE work from home mommy of 3 little boys. I love it!
3. What is your shop(S) name: Zoey Catherine
4. Do you only sell on etsy or do you go to craft shows as well: At the moment I only sell on Etsy, but also take custom orders outside of Etsy as well.
5. Is there an item you have made that has significant meaning to you and why: I don’t think I have one specific item that hold significance…I really love making brides their hair pieces!! I feel so honored to be a part of their wedding experience.
6. How did you first get the idea to make what you are now: Well, I was pretty pregnant with my 3rd son and sitting at home one day and looking at a hat that had feathers all over it and thought that I could do that, but on a headband…so the ideas started rushing to me!
7. Do you ever change your “craft style”? Example jewelry to ceramics? Before I started creating accessories I actually painted abstract paintings. I would have never thought EVER that I would be creating accessories and loving it SO much!
8. How do you feel about buying and selling handmade items: I think it’s an awesome way to support the real handmade artisans out there and support what they do. I have always known I wanted to create art of some sort and I wouldn’t be where I am today without the support of people buying and supporting handmade! So, it ROCKS!
9. What is your favorite material to work with? Hmmm, I love working with Feathers, and all sorts of feathers (obviously!) and I do love working with silk flowers, but I also do have a little obsession with buttons…
10. How long have you been in your craft? I have been creating headbands and all things to accessorize since January of ’09. So, for a little over a year…and it’s been a great year!
12. Do you have a “day job” and if you do… what is it? Well, I am actually a stay/work at home mommy of 3 little boys under the ages of 6. That is a full time job…and I love every minute of it!!
13. How has your work developed throughout the years? Throughout the year that I have been creating almost daily I have seen a significant change in my style as well as my professionalism. I have gained so much experience and have really developed my craft into something awesome!
14. Did you ever feel like giving up before you got to where you are today? Nope, I haven’t hit that point yet…I do it all for my sons and the Big Man Upstairs…
15. How do you feel when people interpret your work differently than you? I guess it’s just a difference of opinion. I have heard people say “oh those are sort of ugly!” but I have just rolled it off and I know in my heart that my accessories are beautiful in their own way and many people like them.
16. What advice do you have for aspiring artists? Just keep doing what you are doing! Continue to develop your craft and continue to be inspired daily by everyday life. You have that passion in your heart for a reason so never let it go.
17. Who first inspired you to begin crafting? Honestly, I just think it was a natural born thing. I have been coloring and being artsy fartsy since I was in diapers. My high school art teacher really inspired me to keep creating and keep developing my skills necessary to make it…so I really think that inspiration from her helped me A LOT!
18. Do you have a space for your work area or do you craft anywhere? I actually have turned my bedroom into my studio type space. I love it! I have a huge desk that I can spread out everything and just go to town with feathers, beads, flowers, rhinestones, etc. I am so blessed to have the space I do have to create.
19. What are your favorite childhood memory involving arts? I remember being in the art shows quite a bit and just wanted to be surrounded with colors and crafts all the time. I was so enveloped in art that I sometimes let my school work slip…oops.
20. Do you feel accomplished when you finish creating? I do feel accomplished, but I also feel inspired and want to be able to sit and create for 4 more hours, but sometimes my kids don’t allow me that luxury J
21. What does your personal style (living space clothing ect…) Reflect anything you make? I think all of the accessories I have created reflect things about my own personal life. I love color and textures and patterns..and sometimes I feel like the bigger and more bold the better!
22. Do you use your own products for things? I try and wear my accessories when I go out in public so I can not only promote my business, but I also feel really pretty and unique in my accessories.
23. Do you like custom orders? I LOOOOOVE custom orders. I can’t stress that enough. I LOVE CUSTOM ORDERS! Haha. I really love working with people directly and making something that they envision themselves in.
24. Do you have any sales coming up? I am actually working with a few different ladies at the moment doing some custom orders! YAY!
25. What are your favorite shops on Etsy? Oh my, that’s sooo hard to choose! There are so MANY awesome shops on Etsy! I could go through page after page daily of awesome work that I see.
Thanks for letting me do this interview! Hope you all enjoyed as well!! Stay tuned for the next one!!!